Back to an older image.

Sunday, December 05, 2010 Posted by Bart

I really like going back on my older images. Re-processing after a couple of years or more of experience can give an alternate, sometimes better, view on what might or might not work.

This image is one of a series of 5 or so that I took of the same view while visiting Cape Conran in Victoria (on my way through to Melbourne and ultimately Tasmania). The original image I uploaded to flickr was in colour and when I look at it now it seems very contrasty. This time round I wanted to emphasise the softness created by the subtle movement in the water and thus went with a black and white treatment. Whether it's better or just different than the original is in the mind of the viewer.

Water on rocks



It is of course available on RedBubble but as this was shot with a 8mp Canon 350D the print options are limited to small and medium only.


0 comments:

Post a Comment